Microsoft Network Monitor parser packages contain parsers for more than 400 network protocols, including RFC based public protocols and protocols defined in the Microsoft Open Specifications
for Windows and SQL Server. Microsoft_Parser.msi is the base parser package which defines parsers for commonly used public protocols and Microsoft Windows protocols. In this release,
- A new add-on parser package, Microsoft_SQL.msi is published. It contains parsers for: MS-RGDI, MS-SSDPWP, MS-RSWSRMNM2005, MS-RSWSRE2005, MS-SSAS, MS-RSWSRMSM2006, MS-SSTDS (TDS version 4.2), defined in the Microsoft SQL Server Protocols section in the MSDN Open Specifications.
- In order to properly use it, you must install the latest version (v3.4.2019) of Microsoft_Parsers.msi and then Microsoft_SQL.msi. When using the Network Monitor 3.3 RTW engine (v3.3.1641), you also need to change the parser sets by going to Tools->Options in the Network Monitor UI and switching Windows and SQL NPL sets from Stubs to Full.
- The default version for tds.npl is 7.2 which supports MS-TDS. In order to switch to TDS version 4.2 described in MS-SSTDS, you need to change the const in constant.npl as: “const ConstTDSVersion = 4.2”
- Smb.npl has added support for MS-CIFS.
- 2 new protocol parsers are created for Windows 7: MS-IPHTTPS and MS-RAIOP.
- Microsoft Message Queue protocol parsers are partially re-factored.
Every parser MSI package here has been tested and approved compatible with the Network Monitor 3.3 RTW release. Be aware that any changes in Source Code may not yet be fully tested for release. But with our open source initiative, you can feel free to download them yourself and try them out.Parser Field Naming Change
In order to provide a better user experience, we have included a Parser Field Naming Change list between the last Codeplex release 3.4.1972
and the current release. It has listed all the parser field changes, either a type change, or an instance change, or both. The users can update their applications or filters accordingly.Release Details
Release Date: November 4, 2009
Corresponding CodePlex Source Code Change Set: 37636
Network Monitor Version Compatibility: Network Monitor v3.3.1641 (3.3 RTW)