Welcome to the Network Monitor Parsers Project!
This project contains the latest updates for the Network Monitor parsers for open standard protocols, as well as the Windows and SQL Server protocols described in the MSDN Open Specifications
. All parser development for those products has been done through this CodePlex site since November 2008. As a result, parser developers, enthusiasts, and the like can have access to the latest parser changes immediately. We welcome your parser submissions and input as well as your parser bug reports.
The Network Monitor Parsers project is now part of the Systems Infrastructure & Integration Gallery
of the CodePlex Foundation
. The Codeplex Foundation will be responsible for further development and is using the new BSD license
, which is an OSI approved license. This is a milestone for the project, since the community will now direct the development through an independent Open Source foundation, with Microsoft a participating community member. We look forward to enlarging the parser usage community.
- 3/17/2010 - Today Microsoft assigned the Network Monitor Parser project to the Systems Infrastructure & Integration Gallery within the CodePlex Foundation. This is a milestone step to show Microsoft’s eagerness to fully embrace the open source development principles. Microsoft looks forward to engaging in more open source community projects. You can find more on the Codeplex Foundation News and Announcement.
- 12/16/2009 - Great news for NPL users! We have created a NPL Parser Reference Map to help you browsing through the list of the protocol parsers defined in the Network Monitor Parser packages and identifying the references for each of these protocol parsers without necessity of downloading the parser packages.
- 11/04/2009 - We are pleased to announce the release of a new parser package, Microsoft_SQL.msi. This package contains parsers for the Microsoft SQL Server Protocols published in the MSDN Open Specifications. It depends on the Microsoft_Parsers.msi. So in order to use the SQL parsers correctly, you must first install Microsoft_Parsers.msi, then the Microsoft_SQL.msi.
- 01/05/2009 - A tutorial has been posted for writing parsers. It demonstrates a basic introduction to parser development through a guided example parser. Please feel free to download the PDF here: Tutorial, Writing a Parser from Wire to Window.
- 12/05/2008 - We have branched our source code repository on CodePlex. There are now two main directories which both contain full parser sets. The Develop Branch contains the latest changes from the parser developers; however, it may not be completely stable. The Verified Build Branch is a copy of the latest development branch which has passed a set of tests, it should be fairly stable.
For more information about Network Monitor, the Open Protocols Initiative, or downloading Network Monitor please see the following links:
Download the latest released version of Microsoft Network Monitor here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=103158&clcid=0x409
For support and beta information for Network Monitor visit Microsoft Connect here: https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=216
For general help and tips about using Network Monitor see our blog here: http://blogs.technet.com/netmon/default.aspx
For general information about the Microsoft Open Protocols Initiative see: http://www.microsoft.com/protocols/default.mspx