Network Monitor Parser Reference Map
Often we are asked what protocol parsers are defined in the Network Monitor parsers and if this information is available without installing the parser packages. Happily the answer is yes through the parser reference map provided below.
The reference map is organized in the following simple hierarchy.
- The top level is the parser packages.
- Within each of these packages, parsers are logically grouped into parser sets (or profiles).
- Within each set, it contains NPL parser names and associated references.
And here is the map.
- NetworkMonitor_Parsers.msi: is the parent parser package, containing parsers for public based and Microsoft Windows protocols.
- NetworkMonitor_Parsers_forSQLServer.msi: is an add-on parser package depending on NetworkMonitor_Parsers.msi, containing parsers for Microsoft SQL Server protocols.