Parser Editor Font

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:50 AM

Does anyone know of a way to change to font in the parser editor? I realize the editor is probably more for convenience and I'm better of using something externally.
It's got this weird spacing - everything seems to be a bit stretched out.

Maybe some registry hack or something? Just wondering...

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:53 AM
Edited Mar 12, 2010 at 6:00 AM

I understand what is bothering you, but AFAIK, there is no way to change the font.

Netmon uses equally wide font for the reason of aligning the output of "ToBitString". Take Wireless.npl WifiFrameControl field as an example, if I paste the code here:

struct WiFiFrameCtrl = ...
{
 UINT16 Version:2 = FormatString("       (%s) %d", this.ToBitString, this);
 UINT16 Type:2 = FormatString("          (%s) %s", this.ToBitString, WifiTypeTable(this));
 UINT16 SubType:4 = FormatString("       (%s) %s", this.ToBitString, WiFiSubTypeTable(this, Type));
 UINT16 DS:2 = FormatString("            (%s) %s", this.ToBitString, WiFiDSTable(this,Type));

The alignment looks really weird. But if you look at the code in code editor, or netmon UI's output, things are all aligned nicely.

However, we do not recommend using it as your code editor since it lacks lots of basic editing functionalilties. It's better to find an external code editor.

Thanks,

Luther

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Hi Luther,

Yes, fixed width fonts are universally used for programming. That's not the issue I have however. It seems like the spaces between each character is just abnormally wide.
Here is a comparison of any other fixed font text editor you'll find:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9349/compare.png

Regards

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:26 AM

I see. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I'm forwarding your question to the engine devs to see if they have a solution.

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:27 AM

From Netmon Dev Saurabh: Unfortunately, at this point, we don’t support any customization in the text editor window.